Zeon Chemicals, a leader in the production of specialty elastomers, has an immediate opening for a qualified Pipefitter in its Kentucky Plant operation. Pipefitters work to maintain, troubleshoot and repair piping systems in a chemical plant environment.
- Perform various tasks associated with repair of piping systems and mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Fabricate piping systems through welding and other techniques.
- Follow safety procedures during maintenance activities in hazardous plant environment
- Troubleshoot various production/maintenance problems and implement solutions.
- Document maintenance activities through recording of data and other information on required records and logs.
- Follow all safety and operating procedures as required – periodic review of the procedures and documentation of training is required via Lotus Notes based systems.
- Interface with supervisors and management via e-mail (Lotus Notes) on various topics related to training, repairs, general correspondence.
- Conduct 5S inspections and activities to maintain good housekeeping.
- Assist in the investigation of productivity problems and implement solutions.
- Support plant operations by responding to off shift call-ins for repair of mission critical plant equipment breakdowns.
- Responsible for cutting, threading and/or setting up pipe for welding including stainless and carbon steel Victaulic and Pyrex pipe.(Stick, TIG and gas).
- Troubleshoot steam and condensate systems.
- Continuously seek ways to improve performance of our facility’s operation and ensures that customers’ (both internal and external) needs are met.
- Self-directed computer based training on updates to complex work instructions is a job requirement.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experiencerequired
- Chemical plant experience preferred
- Journeymen apprenticeship or certificate desired.
- Stick Welding certification as a minimum with TIG welding certification preferred
- HVAC license is a plus
- Welding certification needed
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Requires reasoning, detailed work
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, perform critical thinking tasks including cause/effect analysis, and troubleshooting, comprehending work instructions and manufacturing specifications.
- Basic computer skills including email
- Knowledge of backflow preventers is a plus
- Knowledge of brazing techniques for copper tubing
- Capable of performing confined space entry, including ability to don breathing air mask and chemical suit while climbing in and out of tanks and vessels to blank for entry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in coordination of daily activities with both peers and supervisors and in documentation of daily activities and completion of required records and logs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Chemical plant environment. An extensive amount of time is spent on the floor in a plant environment. Typical daily assignments are physically demanding, requiring balancing, standing, cleaning, reaching, visual discernment, crawling, climbing, twisting, turning, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, full respiratory function, and lifting. Other physical requirements include:
- Lifting not to exceed 61 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Operating forklifts, man-lifts, JLG, crane operation, up to 4 hours per shift.
- Climbing 3 – 4 flights of stairs up to 8 times per shift (once per hour).
- Climbing ladders (fixed and portable) multiple times per shift.
- Ability to wear respiratory protection including full-face respirator.
- Standing, walking continuously throughout a shift (up to 16 hours).
- Pushing or pulling (including reaching overhead 2-3’) for maintenance work and operation of valves and other manual process equipment multiple times per hour.
- Ability to work in tight areas where appropriate body positioning is difficult
- Forward bending and trunk rotation for various tasks throughout the shift. Head may be below waist in some activities.
- Manually handling hoses in the work area multiple times per shift (steam, water, air).
- Manual tasks requiring gripping and hand dexterity, i.e., driving forklift, welding, cleaning, and tightening bolts.
- Utilizes pressure washing equipment
Overtime is consistently available and may be forced. Call in occur in off-shifts.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS:Zeon offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits program. Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401k Savings Plan, Educational Assistance.
Zeon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.